Tuesday, September 3, 2013

'ERASING' TIP

Hi Everyone and welcome back to another Tutorial/Technique Tuesday! Today I have more of a TIP for you verses a tutorial or technique.  Actually Shelly introduced me to this product and I was so thrilled with the outcome that I felt it important to share with all of you!

Now if you are an Artist (like Shelly) this is not a new product for you but a novice crafter like myself can use all the helpful tips & tools I can get my hands on.  
This product is called KNEADED RUBBER ERASER!



As you can see, this product comes in different sizes & is manufactured by different companies.  I am using the General's Kneaded Rubber Eraser because that's the one Shelly showed me she was using and I found it during a shopping trip to JoAnn Fabrics.  The cost is minimal, depending on the size and company but I think mine was right around $1 and for what I'm doing, it will last me for a very long time because I only need a little bit ... not the whole block.  Let me show you what I'm talking about and the HUGE advantage to this product . . .

Here's the items I'll be using: 

This beautiful digi image called "Spring Lamb" is perfect for using this product.  I'm not real good coloring a 'sky' with my alcohol markers yet so I like using CHALK. 

Now that I have this product I don't have to worry much about going over my image lines with my chalk.  This kneaded rubber eraser makes it easy to get into those little places and remove any unwanted chalk from my image.

As you can see in this next photo ... you can also use a 'regular' eraser but when you do, you have all those NASTY pieces of eraser that come off and all over the place.  You are constantly erasing and blowing the residue of the eraser from your workspace ... messy, messy!

NOW with using this artists kneaded rubber eraser you have NO eraser pieces & residue to deal with.  You simply pull it (knead it) into the shape you want to work with and erase away!!!  It 'erases' the unwanted pencil lines, chalk, charcoals ... without any of that nasty residue.  You simply work the erased chalk/pencil back into the product by kneading it and keep working on your project!

I really like that you can form it into a shape that you can work with for getting into those close fitting areas of your image.  With a regular, larger eraser I was constantly having to reapply chalk to an area that was erased accidentally due to the size of my eraser.

Now my image is all ready to color & create with.  
My background sky looks perfect and so does my 'Spring Lamb'.

I hope you enjoyed this helpful TIP and when/if you purchase one for yourself, pop back and let us know what you think.

Remember to come back to Shelly's Images on Thursday when we will have another FUN challenge to share with you!  
Till then ... HAPPY CRAFTING!!

2 comments: